Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lucky Man!!! (I'll praise Him in the storm)

    So far Katy has not written a blog here. This is our new blog I created so we could keep people who are interested how we're doing in the adoption process up to date. We had our first of four meetings yesterday with Marcia our social worker. I thought it went well. She was very nice and helpful and seemed to tolerate our crazy sense of humor. We gave her a little peek into our crazy lives.After we left, I was thinking about what we talked to her about. We talked about Katy's and my parenting, future plans for the kids, and our marriage, specifically our conflict resolution and details of our relationship. I was thinking about how lucky or better yet, how blessed I am. I am married to a beautiful, godly women. We have such fun together all the time. I'm not sure Marcia believed us when we told her we rarely fight, and when we do, it's resolved quickly. We don't sweat the small stuff. We pray together, and praise together. I am so happy to bring home another child and share that experience with Katy.(Love you darlin').

        We have three meetings left. We will each make separate meetings with Marcia and then she will come to our house and meet the kids and give her stamp of approval on the house. After those meetings, she will send the home study to court and to IAN, our adoption agency to get their approval. We still have the dossier to do. I'll be sooo happy when it's all done and we're on the waiting list for a referral. We have alot of online education to do as well.

        Some people have been responding to our please for fundraising donations I'm pleased to announce. We have so far to go yet. I decided that we are going to praise God whether the money is pouring in or, we feel nervous about the enormous cost. $25,000+ is a big commitment. I think adoption is way too expensive, but you can't put a price on a child, born into poverty, who needs a forever family. Total, we have raised about $1070.00. That's less than half of one plane ticket.*sigh* I will praise Him in the storm.He is in control .Thank you Lord.

          

      

    

1 comment:

  1. I really love that! "I will praise Him in the storm!" That is what makes us closer to God, is loving Him and staying on His side during trials! I LOVE your blog and pray for you and your family often!
    ~Melissa Kleiner

    ReplyDelete