Saturday, December 24, 2011

Fireproof

  I'm sitting at work,on Christmas Eve,missing my family. Katy is home with her hands full. Tons of holiday baking , three kids, house work yet to do, not to mention all the Christmas "stuff" to do. I wish I could be there to help. We have kids that are willing to help when asked most of the time. Katy is a wonderful mother and wife. She might get stressed, but she always gets the job done. I am so blessed to be married to her. I am watching Fireproof. If you have never seen that movie, I recommend it. I think for men, it is an example of how a man should treat his wife, and a very good demonstration of God's intention for marriage. For women, it is an example of how they should be treated. I love Katy, and she deserves to be shown that everyday. I pray for her in my quiet time. I pray for her as the mother of my children. and as a wife, and that God will teach her to put up with me.

      So, how you ask does this at all apply to our adoption blog. Well, I hope to pass down to our kids an example not only of a marriage that puts God first, but a marriage that exemplifies God's love for us. Including the new little one who will come soon.

                                  Ephesians 5:25- Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loves the church and gave Himself up for her, to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water, through the word and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as christ does the church- for we are members of His body. Ok...here is the application...v.31- "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother, and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." This is a profound mystery- but I am talking about Christ and the church. However, each one of you must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband. For the entire scripture see; Ephesians 5:22-33

           I have know idea why I was compelled to write this today. Maybe someone reading it will be blessed by it and God will use it. Anyway... Katy has her meeting coming up with Marcia, then she will come to the house. I asked Emily the other day, "If Marcia asks what kind of punishment do you get when you get in trouble?" Without hesitation, she says, " A karate chop." I had to laugh out loud!! When the kids are pushing my bottons, I will hold up my "karate chop" hand, and point to the pinky side and say, "Who's name is written right here?" They know it's theirs, and they laugh because they know I would never really do it. So pray for us that the meetings will go well, and that God would continue to be present an glorified.

      So I leave you with two things. One..is a challenge. Take the opportunity to tell someone the true meaning of Christmas. They may need to hear how much they're loved.
     The other is a scripture that will help you do number one.(no, not pee)

                             But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were
                            yet sinners, Christ died for us.
                                                                              Romans 5:8


P.S. Tell your wife thank you and that you love
her.She deserves it.
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment