Saturday, December 10, 2011

At Rest...

       I serve an incredible God!! Lately I have been discouraged about our fundraising...almost afraid. That is so stupid!! How big is my God? God has reminded me over the past couple of days just how big he is. I have trusted that adopting from Ethiopia is what God wants us to do. At times I feel so overwhelmed even though deep down I know that's really dumb. I have been reading two books lately that have really convicted me about my fellowship with God. One book is called "Kisses from Katie." It's about a nineteen year old women that moved to Uganda to care for orphans and their families. She did it because she was convicted that it was Gods will for her life. She lives in filth and poverty simply to love,because Jesus loves. She wants nothing more than to show them Jesus by loving them. She completely trusts God to meet all of her needs, and He does time and again. Something she says in the book reminds me of some people we know who were less than supportive of the adoption. I think because they didn't believe this is what God is telling us to do. She writes: "God taught me over and over, that it did not matter what the world said, that it did not matter that almost none of the people closest to me believed in what I  was doing or believed it would succeed, that it did not matter what they said was impossible, because God did this, and He was going to continue doing it." In the end it only matters what God is going to do through me if I allow Him to. These children in Ethiopia belong to Him, and he will bless us with caring for one of them.He will provide. I believe that.

       I have been listening to and reading books from Charles Stanley. I think he is really blessed by God and very convicting in his words.In this book, he is talking about God accomplishing His purpose in you when you trust Him. He gives three truths apply to our adoption. God is perfect in His love-He always does what's best for you. God is infinite in wisdom-regardless of what our circumstances God  knows the optimal course of action in every situation. God is completely sovereign in His control - He has absolute authority over everything in creation. I claim these truths and refuse to let doubt hinder what God has planned for us. I will be at rest...

         A note about a childs heart-My daughter Emily has a wonderful heart. She is a normal kid, gets in trouble and keeps us on our toes. I see so much compassion in her. More than I see in most people. I really believe God has a hold of her heart. She had an opportunity to get alot of really great gifts from her classroom with some "money" she worked really hard to earn. She bought lots of great things...and gave them to her brother. She takes joy in seeing happiness in other people. I'm very proud of her. I pray she will grow in the Lord, and He will do many great things through her.

No comments:

Post a Comment