Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Goals and Videos and Videos of Goals : )

      It's been awhile since I posted anything. I have wanted to, but have been really busy. I will try to catch up the best I can. We have been on the IAN waiting list for a little over a month now. I don't remember exactly where we are on all the lists, but I remember where we are on the highest list. That list is the toddler boy list. we are #11 on the list, but if you consider the 5 people who are on hold, then we are unofficially #6 on that list. That seems really exciting, but I don't let myself go there too far, for two reasons: 1. Because it could still take several months even though #6 seems like a relatively low number. 2. Because we don't know yet what God has in store for us. I don't want to get too focused on the obvious. If I do that, I will start to try to take the reigns from God and somehow try to control what is happening.If I do that, I'm afraid I will lose sight of what God is telling us and miss out on His plan. Instead, I will continue to pray and seek His will. What He has planned is better than anything I could do myself anyway.

       We have some friends of ours whom we have known for awhile. Their names are Josh and Danielle. We have know Josh since he was in high school, and have watched him grow, graduate, get married, and recently he and his wife started their own film company called Yoxfilms.www.yoxfilms.com. We have seen many of the videos they have created and I have been really impressed with what they have been able to do. I approached Josh and asked if they would be interested in helping us create a video documentary of our adoption process, specifically, our "Gotcha Day", and maybe the " Meetcha Day" I met with Josh and tossed around some ideas. Usually there is some video put to music, and I picked out a couple of songs I really like and think they would fit. Tell me what you think.

                                                             The other is a song that Katy and I have listened to over and over. I can't hear it without wanting to go to Ethiopia today and adopt every orphan, or at least go tell them that somebody loves them and they are special and wanted. I don't know how someone could watch this video, and still not want to bring a little one home.

                                         I hope Josh and Danielle will come and start to do some video soon. It would be fun to post some "preview" footage , or footage we decide we aren't going to use so we don't spoil the final product. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, check out their website, and it will kinda give you an idea of the type of films they do. Pretty cool stuff.

                                          For some really exciting news, we have almost reached our first financial goal. God has put some people in our lives that have really blessed us with their finances. We are only about $55 short of our first goal of $5000. In the beginning, it seemed like an impossible goal, but God shows us over and over that," With God, all things are possible."  Mathew 19:26 The finances are awesome, but I don't want to forget the people that are praying for us and the little one God has chosen for us. Those prayers hold just as much value as any donation. If you are one of those people praying for us and this process, please know that God is answering prayers, and we so appreciate them. Thank you very very much.

                                          If you feel lead to donate to help us reach our first goal, please use the donate button on the blog. If you are not able to donate, please include us in your prayers.

                              And now just a little shameless family plug. I went to a meeting yesterday with my daughter Rebecca. She is a really smart kid, and does really well in school. She is a junior this year and taking some AP classes to get college credit.Because her grades are great and I think because she scored well on her PSAT, she received and invitation to attend an informational meeting for the Flinn Scholarship Program. It is quit an honor to be invited to the meeting. It is an even greater honor to be offered the scholarship after the interviews and everything else involved. I don't envy anyone enduring the stress it must entail. I am hoping she will attend Grand Canyon University. It is a christian college, and still close enough to home to help her if she gets into trouble or needs help with something.I don't know if she will get the scholarship, or if she will even apply, but she works really hard in school, and I am very proud of her for being given the opportunity to apply. I should get a bumper sticker that reads," My honor student beat up your honor student." That would be awesome! Until next time.

                                                                  Brian

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment